I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Turning the Attention

From the Tarot of the Abyss, the Five of Cups; from the Lantern Oracle, Radical Self-Love:


Yep, this is me checking the new cases of viruses - 41 new cases yesterday (a lot in our small rural-metro area). Already the hospital is worried about the overflow, especially since we were a hot spot when Covid started. Yet the two full cups remind me that not all is lost. We have vaccines, and though they're not perfect, they are keeping people from an extended stay in the ICU. And while our governor isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, at least we don't have Florida's fellow (where the cases are sky-high). He is a Trump-wannabe who just signed an executive order keeping any city or county from passing a mask mandate. Pure insanity. The Radical Self-Love card is not meant to encourage self-pity or self-indulgence, but kindness and compassion towards oneself. I would not want to live on a diet of junk food, so why should I feed my mind an unending diet of how awful the world is? It has it's problems, but there is still beauty, joy, and love to be found if I turn my attention in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment