I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, August 4, 2021

No Amount

From the Tarot of the Abyss, the Two of Pentacles; from the Lantern Oracle, Assistance to Access:


A woman is seen with a pentacle pendulum, shown at different times of the day. She has many obligations to fulfill and tasks to complete, and she's well aware of how thinking about one while doing another can lead to distraction. If she is to maintain her health and balance, she needs to deal with what's in front of her, not what lies ahead. Assistance to Access suggests needing help to get through a passage or part of our life. We may fear we look vulnerable, needy and inept if we ask for help, but actually it is just a sign of humility.

The truth is that no amount of money, influence, resources, or determination will change our physical, emotional, and spiritual dependence on others.
― BrenĂ© Brown


2 comments:

  1. How much of my life I have spent in the future, or worrying about the future. Uggh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even when I'm planning, I'm not paying attention to what I'm currently doing.

      Delete