I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Spinning and Letting Go

From the Wayfarer Tarot, the Seven of Air (Swords); from the Curious Oracle, Prayer Wheel:

When the snake decided to go straight, he didn't get anywhere.
~William Stafford

The deceit and disaffection of the Seven of Swords is shown by a crow's nest being invaded by snakes that eat her eggs. It is hard not to feel sorry for the bird, though a naturalist might remind me that it is a snake's nature to eat where there is opportunity. I recently posted on a forum in a few threads where I don't often venture. There is one member, known for her snarky comments (just shy of getting booted), who replied with snide and condescending remarks. Now I've got Al Wilson singing in my head: "You knew darn well I was a snake before you brought me in." I don't like to label people, but neither do I like to be someone's whoopie cushion. The Prayer Wheel is spun while saying a mantra, and is said to help develop wisdom and compassion in the practitioner. Forgiveness is necessary in this case, but not because she deserves a pass for her behavior (which she likely doesn't see anything wrong with). I need to let go of any bitterness so that it doesn't poison me.


No comments:

Post a Comment