I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, September 6, 2021

Begin Again

From the Sun and Moon Tarot, the Universe; from the Jade Oracle, Chalchiuhtlicue:


Decort uses a take on the Lord of the Dance (Nataraja), a form of the Hindu god Shiva. The person underfoot represents spiritual ignorance. Shiva is known as The Destroyer; he tears down in order to build again. I have a friend who is a retired Episcopal priest who explained to me that when a priest retires, he is supposed to attend another church rather than the one he has served. This is so that when the new priest comes, he or she doesn't feel like they are standing in anyone's shadow - everyone starts afresh. While it seemed harsh at first, it began to make sense. When I complete something, I don't continue turning back to add final touches. I move on, taking what I've learned with me. Chalchiuhtlicue - She of the Jade Skirt - is the guardian of terrestrial waters who sustains and cleanses. She was present in rituals performed by midwives who washed newborns, and thus symbolizes a time for me wash away the old and embrace the new that awaits. 

Each of us has that right, that possibility, to invent ourselves daily.  —Maya Angelou

No comments:

Post a Comment