I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, September 23, 2021

Moving Forward

From the Hidden Realm Tarot, the Six of Swords; from the Heart of Faerie Oracle, the Faerie of Youth:


High atop a mountain, a woman lets the clean, brisk air clear out the mental rubbish that has been cluttering her mind. Much like people who plan a garage sale and find they want to hold on to many items, she doesn't want to let some of her ideas go. Yet she realizes that if she wants to be as free as the eagles that fly above her, she must do so. Her moment of clarity and insight confirm this truth. The Faerie of Youth represents playful enthusiasm and positive expectations. She makes me think of the quote by Abraham Lincoln: "Folks are usually about as happy as they make their minds up to be." My recent wellness visit uncovered some issues that I'd rather not deal with, especially since I have a healthy lifestyle and think I shouldn't have to deal with them. But genetics and age are not something I can control, only how I move forward. Might as well have a playful, positive attitude about it.

2 comments:

  1. Please take care.
    I am working on re-evaluating those things that used to seem important; still have a ways to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've decided it would be lunacy to pout and much more beneficial to make changes where I can! :)

      Delete