I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Never Apologize

From the Hidden Realm, the Moon; from the Heart of Faerie, the Lady of Unicorns:


Both of these cards seem to question what is a result of our longing and the what is result of  our conditioning from the past. We may feel as if we need to move in a new direction, only for those old pockets of memories to slap our wrists and tell us resoundingly, "No!" This dissonance reminds me of a poem by Nikita Gill:

Some days
I am more wolf
than woman
and I’m still learning
how to stop apologizing
for my wild.


2 comments:

  1. It is a good thing to let our 'wolf' out for a good run. A little bit of wildness is good for the soul.

    ReplyDelete