I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, January 25, 2022

New Seeds

From the Sheridan Douglas Tarot, the Ten of Cups; from the Pages of Shustah cards, the Angel of Spring:

This couple's dance under the sun reminds me of how unhappy I was when I first married. It would take a few years for me to understand the wisdom in the words of Martha Washington: "The greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. We carry the seeds of the one or the other about with us in our minds wherever we go." The Angel of Spring represents fresh starts and beginnings. She suggests that if I don't like what has grown in the garden of my life, I should plant some new seeds and uproot the others. Sure, there will be some seeds planted that didn't come from my hand, but I can still choose whether or not to water and feed them. 

Many people lose the small joys in the hope for the big happiness.
― Pearl S. Buck

2 comments:

  1. Happiness or unhappiness is a choice. It has taken me a long time to clarify that in my heart and mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me a while to understand that while circumstances might not be good, I don't have to let that define my happiness.

      Delete