I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, January 3, 2022

Rebuilding the Heart

From the Forest of Enchantment Tarot, the Eight of Visions (Cups); from the Mystic Mushrooms, Crown-tipped Coral:


These wraith-like women wander in the forest, full of sadness and self-pity. Yet one woman at the front, with her hand over her heart, seems to have discovered that she is more than the emotion she feels. Rather than staying in a world that denies joy, she is determined to move through her emotion rather than cling to it. Crown-tipped coral fungi can be recognized by their branches whose tips resemble tiny crowns. Its fungal cells begin in rotting, dead wood; it produces a 'fruiting body' (what is seen above ground) when it is ready to reproduce. These two cards suggest moving through our sadness and healing our heart rather than staying stuck. Instead of only seeing what once was, we begin to appreciate again what is.

You will heal and you will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same nor would you want to.
~Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

4 comments:

  1. I took my heart for granted, and it let me know it was not happy. I am doing better at my stewardship, but more can still be done. Sometimes I place my hand over my heart and renew my promise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a wonderful way to remind yourself of your promise!

      Delete
  2. mushrooms and moths freak me out, having trouble with this deck ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been fascinated with the different types of fungi found here for years. Sorry for the freak out!

      Delete