I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Sharing the Shine

From the Sheridan Douglas Tarot, the World; from the Pages of Shustah, the Lord of Benevolence:


As she steps through the wreath, the dancer of the World card signals that one cycle has ended and another begun. Her two fiery batons suggest creation based on dissolution and construction - sometimes things must be left behind down in order to make space for something to grow and develop. The fixed zodiac signs surrounding the dancer symbolize the focus, stamina and determination to see things through to completion. They give her a nod in recognition of her accomplishment but also a wink to remind her that there is more to come. The Lord of Benevolence reminds me not to pull any muscles patting myself on the back for what I've achieved because my success is often guided and supported (subtly or overtly) by many others. They too need to be honored for helping me shine in this moment.

Don't let the sun go down without saying thank you to someone, and without admitting to yourself that absolutely no one gets this far alone. ~Stephen King

4 comments: