I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, June 18, 2022

A Better Neighborhood

From the Tarot of the Secret Garden, the Six of Swords; from the Faeries' Oracle, the Sage:


Emotions surge, thoughts follow, and soon there are stories in my head that have nothing to do with reality. It takes some time, but I eventually figure out that those people and things outside of me aren't the problem; it's my reaction to them. The Six of Swords is about moving our mind to a better neighborhood where there's less pollution and clearer skies. The Sage represents wisdom, patience and the willingness to always be a student of life. He reminds me not to get caught in thinking that I've finally got it right, that at last my ducks are in a row. Because just as surely as I do, the pond will have dried up. I'll always need to check my mind's sailing course, and because life is in a constant flux, I'll need to continue to make corrections and adjustments. 

 

4 comments: