I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, June 4, 2022

Sticks and Stones

From the Restored Order Tarot, the Five of Swords; from the Oracle of Kabbalah, Yud:

Yod/Yud painting by Victor Brindatch

Over a decade ago I came across a quote by Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel that had a great impact on me: “When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.” In early adulthood, my motive for opening my mouth was to make my opinions known, prove I was right, shut people down, and make myself look smart and clever. But all it actually accomplished was to make me look like an arrogant ass, which had the effect of damaging relationships rather than creating or healing them. The Yud represents a drop of concentrated power; it can be the seed that creates a garden or the spark that ignites a bomb. Words are just as powerful as well. Sticks and stones can break bones, but words can create lasting damage.

No comments:

Post a Comment