I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, June 30, 2022

Everyday Occurrence

From the Tarot of the Masters, the Eight of Wands; from the Key to the Kingdom, the Nine of Hearts:

Ricklef's rendering of this card is from Pierre-Auguste Cot's painting "The Storm." The couple aren't in any real danger, but they're about to take a soaking if they don't find cover soon. It makes me wonder if they were so wrapped up in each other that they failed to see the dark clouds rolling in. Focus is a good thing except when it keeps us from noticing things that need noticing. The Nine of Hearts' verse begins, "What's the news of the day, good neighbor I pray?" Like the couple in the previous card, we may looking through a straw and fail to notice all the other things around us. What if I told you today nine good things were going to come your way - something that warmed your heart, piqued your curiosity, made you pause in awe and wonder, or made you laugh? It's true, but the caveat is you must be paying attention to catch them (because this is an everyday occurrence). 

2 comments:

  1. I drew a Nine today! So I am optimistic of 'nine good things' coming my way. There is so much go energy with in optimism.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having that kind of outlook can really change our day. :)

      Delete