I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, June 2, 2022

Listen Too

From the Restored Order Tarot, the Page of Swords; from the Oracle of Kabbalah, Vav:

Vav painting by Victor Brindatch

The wind is picking up and flocks of birds are on the wing; something is happening, and this Page is alert to it all. Probably one of the most important parts of communication is listening, but we get so caught up in proving we know stuff we often forget that detail. We miss clues in our relationships when we don't listen carefully and can find ourselves flummoxed when folks suddenly get frustrated and angry. The Hebrew letter Vav means "hook" - when used as a prefix to a noun, it means "and." This letter is a reminder of connection and unity, and in this time of discord, it is more important than ever. Yet it also asks me to question myself when I feel disconnected from others whether I'm doing all the talking or if I am genuinely listening what they have to say too. There is no relationship if we're not truly relating.


No comments:

Post a Comment