I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, June 27, 2022

Dig Up the Root

From the Tarot of the Masters, the Six of Swords; from the Key to the Kingdom, the Jack of Diamonds:

I've left groups when the purpose or principles changed that I not support them. But then there are also the clubs and organizations I left because of personality conflicts. The Six of Swords is about moving away from agitation and frustration into calmer waters. Yet the Jack of Diamonds offers a warning with the rhyme it is associated with about Little Jack Horner who, because he pulled out a plum in his pie, declared that he was a good boy. It's easy to see myself as being right and others wrong because of disagreements, but even if I leave, I need to make sure I'm not carrying the problem with me (a self-righteous attitude). 

When solving problems, dig at the roots instead of just hacking at the leaves.
~Anthony J. D'Angelo

No comments:

Post a Comment