I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, March 25, 2024

At Full Stop

This week I'll be using the Rider Marseille Tarot, created by Alejandro R. Rozan and published through Artisan Tarot. I'll also be using Ostinato Oracle, created and self-published by Mellie Parkway. Today's draws are the Hanged Man and Accolade:

I'd rather be a comma than a full stop.
~Coldplay

I arrived weeks earlier than I was due to a first-time mom. I've been in a hurry ever since, constantly on the move and busy doing. Pausing was something I had to learn when I finally realized there are some things that I just can't do anything about - or even at times influence. It requires a certain resilience to watch and wait, allowing situations and people to just be. But relaxed observing can give us the chance to notice things we missed before and allows insight to arise. It may be a forced reset, but nevertheless it can be helpful. Accolade is a brace used in music to join two or more staffs carrying concurrent parts. Parkway suggests the message of this symbol is "embrace in full." What better advice could there be when we're at full stop?

5 comments:

  1. Good one today, I like the juxtaposition. Alejandro is a great artist, and there is a book for this deck coming out soon written by Steven Bright—should be a good one. I think the realization that you can’t control everything comes with age, otherwise we’d all go crazy. (Judy)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aging has definitely been a lesson in pausing! I saw that Steven was doing lessons on the Tarot Arts site. I know his book will be a good one!

      Delete
    2. Oh, I have never seen the TarotArts site, they have some nice decks, much better than the goofy mass market stuff at the big online book place (which I won’t specify)! My days of buying are over I think, I would have loved Jamie Sawyer’s “Hands” deck but it’s OOP and I wrote to ask her if I could pay via a money order when it was in print, and she never replied. I’ve got this thing about hands and making things with hands. One of my artist friends gave me a lovely pencil drawing of hands long ago for a milestone birthday, and I’ve got a print of the “Amity” card from the Graven Imgages Oracle with hands from a grave stone.(Judy)

      Delete
    3. They do have some nice decks! This was my birthday present to myself last month. When I ordered it , it was hard not to put more in my cart!

      Delete
    4. I bet, I feel for a birthday a special deck is needed, not just something on the book place. “Out of Hand Tarot” by Jamie Sawyer—I just call it the Hands deck because I can never remember the name. Yup, it’s good to get these birthday decks!! I will be keen to see you use it this week. (Judy)

      Delete