I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, March 12, 2024

The Way You Carry It

From the Tarot of the Secret Forest, the Ten of Wands; from the Faeries' Oracle, the Topsy Turvets:

It's not the load that breaks you down, it's the way you carry it.
― Lou Holtz

Snapping turtles hibernate during the winter months, and when they emerge, they sometimes unintentionally carry part of their winter home with them. Humans too can suddenly find such a weight on their shoulders, especially if they are in a caregiving role. Stress can show up in feelings of frustration, sadness, loneliness and anxiety as well as a strain on our physical health. It is important to realize that the caregiver needs care too. It also helps to remember: nothing lasts forever, humor can lighten the load, and we often find help when we ask others for it. The Topsie Turvets visit when we are in a mental muddle and give us a chance to see from a different viewpoint. They tell us to ask different questions and question our assumptions. There's always another side to every story.

When we cultivate mind in everyday life, we have to let go of everything we experience. We don’t need to add any more baggage. If you just keep letting go of everything and moving forward, you’ll reach the top of the mountain. –Daehaeng Kun Sunim

3 comments:

  1. Again, I have to comment on a deck: Tarot of the Secret Forest was one of my earlier decks and every card you’ve pulled is not one I remember! It’s so great to see the inventive images again. Mental muddle—income tax forms….have completed, yay. I think I once wrote a little story about the Topsie Turvets, back when I kept a paper journal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s Judy—forgot to say that I have decided that the Tarot of Mystical Moments is my all time favourite deck. It’s funny because I have the oracle deck too, but it didn’t light me up the way her tarot deck does.

      Delete
    2. I've never drawn this card before, but I love it. I'll have to check out the MM Tarot. :)

      Delete