I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, November 29, 2012

No Indulgences For Sale

From the Ferret Tarot, Justice:
When I'm in my self-righteous mode, you can be sure the scales of justice are out-of-balance.  We humans have a way of compartmentalizing beliefs and ideas.  A person may hate homosexuals, but since he donates money to help feed the starving children of Africa, he thinks he is a just and moral person.  But I can't weight the scales of Justice; doing a good deed doesn't make up for a bad one.  If I've hurt someone, I can't make things right by helping someone else.  Righting a wrong means changing my views and behavior in that situation.  Justice doesn't hand out indulgences; the scales will only be balanced when I change myself.

From the Nature's Wisdom Oracle comes "Coyote:"
In areas where the wolf has been exterminated, the coyote remains.  In the wake of human expansion, the coyote has enlarged its territory and can be found in nearly all the states in the U.S.  These animals have learned to survive and flourish in urban and suburban areas because of their distinctive ability to adapt to change in their environment.  Nature doesn't stomp its feet and throw a tantrum when things become unbalanced, it finds a way to adapt in order to survive.  My lesson is in learning to modify myself rather than expecting everyone and everything to change but me.




2 comments:

  1. Crow, coyote, cockroach...companions until the end, and then beyond, on their own again

    ReplyDelete