I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Living Life Productively

This week I'll be using the Buckland Romani Tarot created by Raymond Buckland with artwork by Lissanne Lake.  Today's draw is the the Two of Bolers (Pentacles):
A young man holds two wheels in the air with a taut rope attached to both.  This image made me think of the belts on my car engine.  I know from experience what happens when the tension in the belt becomes slack and loose - a trip to the mechanic.  It seems like it would be great to have no stress in my life, no obligations to juggle, and no responsibilities to take care of.  But no stress would mean no challenges, which would result in mind-numbing boredom.  For me I need the tension of balancing both sides of the equation - work and play, challenges and creative solutions.  I need that taut rope to operate efficiently and productively.

The oracle deck I'll be using this week is the Lakota Sweat Lodge Cards.  This morning's draw is "Wi - Sun:"
You seek from me words to enlighten.
I live beyond words.
Look at me. Feel me. Exerience me.
There is the knowledge you seek.
I am the Light.
I am a person who likes to learn, who likes to analyze and draw conclusions.  But the Sun tells me what I need is not another book to read or more information to intellectually slice and dice.  I need to experience life beyond words, beyond my mind.  What I seek will be found in living life rather than writing a thesis about it.

2 comments: