I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, November 30, 2012

Sorting Stuff

From the Ferret Tarot, the Seven of Pentacles:
I'm not sure why, but ferrets love dirty socks.  This group has been sorting through the laundry, picking out all the socks and leaving everything else behind.  This card reminds me that there are parts of my life that I need to examine, sort through, and decide what is worth holding on to and what isn't.  It's a chance to figure out what is worth my attention and time and what is a waste of both.

From the Nature's Wisdom Oracle comes the "Bobcat:"
We have lots of these cats in our area, especially out from the city among the forests and farms.  Yet as long as I lived here, I've only seen one wild one - a bobcat that had been hit and killed on the highway.  These animals live and move alone, quietly like shadows.  The solitude it represents teaches me that some things I must do alone, focusing on my own inner compass rather than relying on the opinions of others.


2 comments: