I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

No Head Slaps Allowed

From the Ferret Tarot, the Five of Wands:
Even the more serious cards in this deck make me grin.  Being a blogger has made me curious about other blogs, so I frequently check out those written by friends and acquaintances.  I find it interesting to peruse the comments too, because various people can read the same thing and get very different messages and meanings.  It's no wonder we humans bump heads with all our different perceptions and priorities.  But respectfully listening to other ideas and opinions can give me a fuller view of the whole, instead of just my little slice of reality.  Open minds often lead to more comprehensive and significant results.

From the Nature's Wisdom Oracle comes "Iguana:"
Though iguanas don't make much noise other than an occasional snort, they do communicate with body language: dewlap extension, head bobbing, tongue flicking, tail whipping and body posture.  The wisdom of this animal reminds me that some people don't communicate well just by speaking or hearing.  Some want you to draw them a picture, some like to learn by doing, and some would rather read it in written form.  If someone isn't hearing what I have to say, I might need to find another way to tell them (without a head slap).


No comments:

Post a Comment