I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, November 26, 2012

On My Honor...

From the Ferret Tarot, the Knight of Wands:
On my honor, I will do my best
To do my duty to God and my country and to obey the Scout Law;
To help other people at all times;
To keep myself physically strong, mentally awake and morally straight.
~ Boy Scout Oath
The Knight of Pentacles is the Boy Scout of the tarot world.  He is dependable, loyal, and steadfast, and he'll make sure his efforts are grounded in reality.  He teaches me on mornings like today, where another brick is added to the load, the best thing I can do is persevere.  I'll keep my eye on what is at the top of the priority list instead of becoming overwhelmed by all of it.  Then I'll just keep putting one foot in front of the other.

From the Nature's Wisdom Oracle comes the card "Pumpkin:"
This collection of gourds reminds me of the cornucopia my mother had on her holiday table.  Anyone who's ever carved a pumpkin or cooked squash knows the abundance of seeds inside these gourds.  They remind me that there are multiple solutions to problems and hopeful prospects available, but sometimes I have to be patient and dig for them.


No comments:

Post a Comment