I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, November 2, 2012

Spinning a Life

From the Anna K. Tarot, the Nine of Cups:
This is one of the cards in the Anna K. that at first confused me, because it seemed much more like the RWS Ten of Cups rather than the Nine.  But as I look at the picture, I see flowers which are transitory and a party that might last all night but won't go on forever.  There are days I feel so full of happiness, I want to twirl under the trees like a young girl in the sunshine.  I appreciate those days, and try to enjoy each moment, yet I know time doesn't stand still.  That emotional feeling of fullness will begin to spill out of my cup as I deal with whatever life tosses in my lap.  But not to fret, the frustrations, worry and sadness won't last forever either.  Soon I'll be twirling again...

From the Green Man Tree Oracle comes the "Spindle:"
Weaving with destiny
From this tree was carved the tool from which it got its name - the spindle used to spin raw fibers into yarn.  It would later become a part of the spinning wheel.  The fibers are attached to the spindle which is spun like a top in a clockwise direction, twisting them into the thread that can be used later in knitting or weaving.  My destiny is a bit like the raw fibers - I don't have control over certain things, like my genetics or where I was born.  But I do have choices over the attitude I will have and how I will handle what comes up in my life.  I alone get to choose what to create with my yarn...


2 comments:

  1. Nice cards. The word Destiny has come into my vocabulary lately too. How interesting the way we spin our webs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you are "spinning" some webs of joy these days. :)

      Delete