I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Change is Afoot

From the Japaridze Tarot, the Eight of Tides (Cups); from the Holitzka I Ching, 'Hexagram 35:'
          A cloaked figure walks toward the morning light in this card, symbolizing what Japaridze describes as "a search for a deeper meaning, a journey of self-discovery." This is the second time I've drawn this card recently, and it made me ponder what might hold me back from finding a higher purpose. Is there some idea that I cling to or some expectation I long for? Does my role as a mentor keep me from being a student - able to see other viewpoints? Perhaps there is simply a fear of the unknown. Whatever it is, the disillusionment and emotional dissatisfaction will push me to take steps, either haltingly or with purpose. Hexagram 35 is often called 'Progress,' and it states that if progress isn't being made then an attitude check is in order (note the Sun). There needs to be a shift in thinking, from what isn't working to what might work; from what isn't possible, to what could. There is a natural flow inherent in this kind of thinking that doesn't force things but opens to observe. Change is afoot!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like change is 'a foot' Be careful not to push yourself to hard for that change, that might cause even more resistance. Be gentle with your wonderful self.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plan to flow with whatever comes down the river.😊

      Delete
  2. good thought, I think mentoring/teaching/leading could blindside us to learning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is easy to get in that groove and stay there, which means no learning is taking place. Not a good thing.

      Delete