I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, August 1, 2018

On a Timer

From the Rohrig Tarot, the Princess (Page) of Wands; from the Master Tarot, 'The Galaxy:'
          This gal's got magnetic charm in spades, but the big cats hidden in the fall of her hair show her personality. When she gets enthused about something, she can track and pounce on it with the eagerness and skill of any predator. But for her, the thrill is in the 'kill;' the book describes her as having a "short-lived ability to surrender to one particular thing." Indeed, she has a Rolodex full of all her adventures, but it's doubtful that she could talk about any of them very deeply. She reminds me of an article I came across the other day written by John Beckett about the common reasons people can't decide and stick with a spiritual path. People like this Princess seem to enjoy switching channels of whatever they're interested in so they don't get bored. The Galaxy card is a reminder that we are part of a collective, interconnected whole. Our needs go far beyond the basics of food, water, and air - they also include belonging. Yet we often treat our friends and family like this Princess treats her interests - with brief attentiveness rather than deep affection. The Galaxy suggests we grant these important relationships the respect they're due.

4 comments:

  1. I need a good mix of princess and queen. My real interests are few-ish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still, you've got quite a history with quilting, blogging and cards. :)
      I like to continue to explore and learn, but I do think I need to develop some stick-to-it-iveness too.

      Delete
  2. I change some of my interests, and by change not mercurial; more like a tortoise than the hare. I like the galaxy card. Reminds us that we are all part of something much more than our own little day to day lives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tortoises can have much more on the ball than those hares.😊

      Delete