I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Sharp Edges

From the Japaridze Tarot, the Ace of Tides (Cups); from the Holitzka I Ching, 'Hexagram 49:'
          Japaridze describes this Ace as the seed or essence for love and friendship. I was perplexed as to the sharp diamond shape for the water within. After reflecting, I realized caring that is authentic does require a softening of the heart that leaves it vulnerable to the cuts and bruises inherent in life. This doesn't occur just when one person is thoughtless in word or deed, but in navigating the inevitable changes in life that occur such as when friends move or partners age. It is tempting during these times to go in protection mode, yet the unarmored heart is what allows us to enjoy our deep connections with others. Hexagram 49 has been given the keyword 'Revolution' because of change that is occurring and a responsibility that is growing. How do I adapt and respond so that I am accountable for myself and a help to others? If I am wise, it will be without haste or force. As Melody Beattie writes, "You don't blast a heart open. You coax and nurture it open like the sun does to a rose."

4 comments:

  1. after reflecting. Did you really just make a pun? :) Can't keep a good tarot card down

    ReplyDelete
  2. Water freezes, thats what happens when we refuse to listen to our hearts.

    ReplyDelete