I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, August 24, 2018

Fast Minds, Slower Bodies

From the Japaridze Tarot, the Two of Gardens (Pentacles); from the Holitzka I Ching, 'Hexagram 46:'
          It's never a good thing for me to wake up too early and spend that extra time thinking about all the things I need to get done in the hours ahead. The problem is that my mind moves faster and in many more directions than my body can at one time, but my mind expects it to keep up anyway. This fellow in the Japaridze card juggles fruit on a cloud (the mind). A few of those apples look like they're about to hit earth and become bruised or go splat. That's a good representation of what will happen to my body if it tries to keep up with my mind today. Japaridze suggests that instead of expending so much energy in multiple directions, I should prioritize and take care of the most important. Hexagram 46 is often titled 'Ascension' because a person receives recognition and a boost from someone with influence. Yet there is a caution to maintain self-discipline and keep one's feet firmly planted on the ground. There's no need to add to the responsibilities I'm already juggling, especially if all that comes of it is more stress.

3 comments:

  1. Rob's mom had a stroke last night. I can't help but gird my loins, yet in truth there isn't any reason to. feelings. can't shoot 'em can't dump em.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry for her, for Rob and for you. Sending thoughts of comfort to all of you. Did she live alone?

      Delete