I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, August 11, 2018

Forget the Thunderclaps

From the New Era Elements Tarot, the Seven of Air (Swords); from the Tao Oracle, 'Awakening:'
          Common cuckoos are brood parasites; they lay their eggs in the nests of other birds. Here, a reed warbler feeds a juvenile cuckoo. Because the warbler has not seen through the deception, it will raise another bird's offspring. It is simple to focus the blame on another for falsifying the truth, but in some cases, we may need to take responsibility for being misled. If we are caught up in our own desires for things to be a certain way, others will find it easy to create an illusion to fit. Other times, we may be dully trudging through life without paying attention. The Awakening card (hexagram 19) suggests we alternately slow down from our busyness or wake up from our apathy in order to be alert to what is happening around us. As Martin Dempsey cautions, "Sometimes we wait for thunderclaps, drumrolls, and clarion calls to alert us to what's important when, actually, it's most often the subtle and persistent signals around us that make the most difference."


2 comments:

  1. Bev your post sure resonates with me right now. I too often give people the benefit of the doubt which is a good thing however I fail to make certain I protect myself...I'm referring to business matters. I need to make certain I practice my due diligence. There are always sheep in wolves clothing that need to be seen for what they are attempting to do.

    Thank you for the affirming reminder!

    I hope your Summer is going well. Bloody hot here but we've recently had a reprieve from the humidity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Due diligence is something we should all practice!
      Summer here is often known as "hell season" 😁 but at least we've had a lot more rain than usual.

      Delete