I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, October 28, 2019

Celebrate with Intention

From the Hoi Polloi Tarot, the Four of Wands; from the I Ching Pack, Thunder over Fire (hexagram 55):

          It's been my experience that most every day has something to celebrate. Maybe not in a block party or rite of passage sort of way, but in the small joys and wonders that get hidden in the ordinary. But it requires intention and attention to discover these things in our day to day lives. Thunder over Fire (hexagram 55) represents abundance that is enjoyed and shared with others. There is an acknowledgment that there will be an ebb and flow, that this auspicious state won't last for eternity. Yet it doesn't matter - today is a day to celebrate what is.

Be content with what you have;
rejoice in the way things are.
When you realize there is nothing lacking,
the whole world belongs to you.
Tao Te Ching, chapter 44

2 comments:

  1. I recently did a reading for myself and a main theme throughout the cards were hands. So for the last week or so I have been commenting about my wonderful hands and how much that I get to do with them. Kitty is tired of hearing since she doesn't have thumbs and is a bit resentful.

    ReplyDelete