I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, October 21, 2019

Little Things Do Matter

From the Wayfarer Tarot, Justice; from the Curious Oracle, Gargoyle (Guardian):

Every Little Thing

if every little thing that you did
made a difference
would you do things
a little different?

if every thing that you said
built the world
would you be the sacred keeper
of your word?

would you believe me
if I told you
you’re the reason
we are here?

would there be meaning
to your breathing
if your exhale
made the air?

~Climbing PoeTree

I believe firmly that every human has rights, but more importantly, we have responsibilities. I must guard and protect the Earth and its inhabitants in whatever way I can. Though I am limited in power, it makes no sense to give up the little I do have in despair because I don't have more. I can vote; I can speak up when I hear the truth twisted and present the facts (even if that might not change minds), and I can interrupt people who spout hate-filled philosophy as if I agree with them and explain why I don't. Little things do matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment