I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, October 20, 2019

Communicating with My Inner Beast

This week I'll be using the self-published Wayfarer Tarot, created by Stacy Salpietro-Babb with Margaret Shipman. I'll also be drawing from A Curious Oracle, self-published and created by Holly DeFount. Today's draws are Strength and Memento Mori:
          I love the fearlessness and childlike wonder shown in this Strength card. I am convinced that when we have this kind of relationship with our instincts, we relate better to the world around us. I must learn to pay attention to the subtle physical clues in my body and the undercurrent in my mind, which is how my 'lion' communicates. Then I will recognize when I'm letting someone cross my boundaries, when I'm taking myself too seriously, or when I've mistakenly assumed I'm entitled to a smooth life with no problems or challenges. If I don't, the raging beast will make itself known so that I can't help but notice what I've been ignoring. The Memento Mori ('remember death') card is a reminder of the impermanence of life, that endings come for all beings. All around me on a daily basis is a reminder that things change, from the turn of the seasons to the gray hairs multiplying on my head. My lion would ask me to pause, notice, and appreciate; to make amends, forgive, and practice gratitude. Without these, grief unleashed can be a harder beast to tame.

4 comments:

  1. and our lion might tell us to give someone a mighty whack. Oh, pardon me, we've been watching Walker Texas Ranger season one. Kick 'em, kick 'em some more ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But I suppose that is the lion's ultimate message: to be able to discern when actual protection is needed or when we are simply protecting the ego. :)

      Delete
  2. That is a endearing card of Strength. We all need to listen to our internal guidance. So much less worry and stress if we did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree; it's all too easy to rationalize or guilt it away.

      Delete