I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, October 27, 2019

Juggling, Tap-dancing Mode

This week I'll be using the Hoi Polloi Tarot published by Hoi Polloi Inc. The oracle I'll also use is the I Ching Pack created by Richard Gill and Anthony Clark, and published by Thorsons. Today's cards are Two of Pentacles and 'Lake over Lake' (hexagram 58):

          There are times when I must juggle multiple tasks, but before I do, it might be best to ask whether guilt or approval-seeking is pushing me to take on some of them. I can handle a few obligations well, and many poorly. Quantity (how much I do) doesn't really matter when the quality of what I've done sucks. And when I'm in that frenzied, tap dancing and juggling mode, the one responsibility I often overlook is taking care of myself. As Michelle Obama put it, "We need to do a better job of putting ourselves higher on our own ‘to do’ list." Hexagram 58 (Lake over Lake) suggests unusual depth and clarity which describes "Truth and true friends - two joys that bring delight and success." Objective honesty that comes from those who love me can help me see past my juggling to what's actually important and necessary. That kind of clarity can generally whittle that 'to-do' list down to something much more manageable.

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes we just gotta do what we gotta do, even when it is more than one thing. Juggle indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is rarely a time when I don't have multiple things on my plate, but if I look carefully I may find some are not quite as important as I first thought. :)

      Delete