I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, May 16, 2020

Mental Pot-Stirring

From the Legacy of the Divine Tarot, the Eight of Swords; from the Tea Leaf Reading Cards, Spoon:
Perhaps the most inescapable prison is the one constructed of all the things we adamantly believe to be true. ~ James Ricklef

          Things have gotten too sticky for this young lady to distinguish between fact and fiction. It's likely her feelings have made a mess of her thoughts, keeping her emotionally entangled and unable to clearly perceive the truth. I can relate to her predicament. My mother and cousins have decided to have cousin camp at my mom's house next month - normally a joyous, relaxing occasion, but not for me in a pandemic. We come from different cities, and though we have all tried to be careful, we still all must go out to get necessities. Have we all been careful all the time? We're expecting another virus surge since the governor let loose the hoards and opened businesses. I'm conflicted as to what I should do. The Spoon is a utensil designed to stir or to dip. My mind has done enough mental pot-stirring; perhaps now is the time to wait patiently, see what rises to the top, and dip it out.


4 comments:

  1. Tough call, I'd skip it. For one thing, if you maintain social distance, after an hour you'd be exhausted, speaking across that distance, and over someone else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Distancing would be impossible over several days - we have to share sleeping and eating spaces.

      Delete
  2. I understand your predicament. Difficult decision. Stay or go? Each of us will have to venture out somewhere along the line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since we are in a hot spot, and I have been exposed to some repairmen, I would definitely get tested before I go (if I decide to go).

      Delete