I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, May 22, 2020

Five Faces

From the Sacred India Tarot, the Ace of Lotuses (Cups); from the Land Sky Oracle, Refresh:
          The Ace of Cups is represented by the Five Faces of Shiva. Each face represents an action and a direction:
  1. creation - west 
  2. preservation - north 
  3. dissolution - south 
  4. concealing grace - east 
  5. revealing grace - skyward 
It could be said that our relationships go through similar cycles: appearing, developing, dissolving, being misunderstood, and finding insight. Like everything else, they never stay the same. Refresh is illustrated with a howlite stone, a symbol of harmony. To keep our hearts open and in balance, we must allow the ebb and flow of any relationship, being willing to embrace, cultivate, let go, forgive, and receive its wisdom.

4 comments:

  1. In all my many years of yoga I still can't do a good lotus :) Probably a mental reflection...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never did either, and now with my injuries, I won't attempt one.

      Delete
  2. Access to all that the Ace of Cups can offer.
    Access is my word for today I think. A gateway to...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gateway would be a good word for me, to consider if I'm going down an old worn path or a new one.

      Delete