I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, May 14, 2020

Moving Forward

From the Legacy of the Divine Tarot, the Page of Wands; from the Tea Leaf Reading Cards, the Horse:

          I know this attention-seeking adventurer well in the form of my eldest grandson. He loves excitement but is too impulsive to consider what kind of chaos or destruction might be left in the wake of what he instigates. I'm sure he's wondering what would happen if he stuck the tip of that wand into an electrical outlet... The horse is a great partner for the Page of Wands mindset, indicating a movement at a fast speed. I see both of these operating in the world right now, as people rush into life again, wanting to create things as they were before the virus. But the past can't be changed to make it into something different or better; we must start where we are. Trying to pretend we're courageous by throwing caution to the wind won't be helpful. Move forward we must but with discernment and attention, please.

4 comments:

  1. the numbers are getting so big I think the volume is numbing to people, becoming the norm. So what...and human nature is it will never happen to me. They've never seen anyone die with their lungs full of puss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was talking to a friend here about that last night. Until it gets personal, it's easy to think of it as not something to be concerned about.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yes, but let's try not to gallop into it without any preparation or plans!

      Delete