I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, May 3, 2020

Trowel in Hand

This week I'll be using the Gaian Tarot, a deck and book set created and self-published by Joanna Powell Colbert. I'll also be using the Goddess Oracle, a deck and book set created by Amy Sophia Marashinsky and illustrated by Hrana Janto. Today's draws are the Gardener (Empress) and Minerva:

We spend decades of our lives wanting happiness, peace, and contentment—without sowing the causes for that aspiration. Why did we not plant the seeds of the fruition we aspire to?
~ Khandro Rinpoche

          The Gardener (Empress) asks me what seeds I've been planting in my garden. If they have been seeds laced with fear, anger or delusion, will it be a surprise when I reap thorny brambles? These seeds have a way of spreading, causing harm not only to myself but others as well. And like the reseeding they will do, similar future experiences may trigger me to continue the same pattern over and over if I'm not mindful. Minerva, the goddess of wisdom, asks me to consider the beliefs that might be nurturing these seeds:

My life is shaped and formed
by what I tell myself.
The contents of my mind
are what I choose.
I make sure that what I carry
is of my own careful choosing.

The world may not be spinning according to my wishes, but that's irrelevant to what I'm planting in the garden of my mind.

2 comments:

  1. How true the adage of 'what we reap we sow'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Impulsiveness keeps us from being aware of those seeds we are planting.

      Delete