I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, May 31, 2020

Not Typical, But It Works

This week I'll be using two self-published decks: The Bonefire Tarot by Gabrielle Angus-West (now released by Schiffer) and the Day of the Dead Lenormand by Edmund Zebrowski. Today's draws are the Queen of Coins and Garden:
          The epitome of practicality meets creative genius in the form of the Queen of Coins. She nurtures people through physical forms. The Garden, a card of gathering and good times, should be right up her alley. But how does this happen in a pandemic, where park gatherings get dispersed by the police? This Queen would probably quote Einstein: "One should never impose one's views on a problem." In other words, stop trying to fit what you want in a box of how it should be and instead just open up to how it is. Expectations and preconceived ideas will always shrink possibilities down to thimble-size. My husband and I had our own garden party with his sister and husband in their driveway this weekend. We spaced our chairs apart and all wore masks, and I brought them a big vase of hydrangeas from our yard. The breeze was blowing and the conversation enjoyable. It wasn't typical, but it was still fun.


2 comments:

  1. Beauty. Ours are still coin sized buds. I do have that vase though. Rob's small yellow roses are blooming, a few buds appear on my kitchen windowsill like magic this time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love flowers cut from the yard. That Rob of yours is golden. :)

      Delete