I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, June 4, 2020

Crossing Mental Monkey Bars

From the Bonefire Tarot, the Two of Coins; from the Day of the Dead Lenormand, Clouds:
          Everyone struggles with juggling duties and responsibilities at some point, trying to perform obligations while keeping our own needs met. But the Clouds add a setback, another weight to our shoulders. How do we cope then? If I'm really overwhelmed, taking a few relaxed breaths won't help me prudently release the emotional energy build-up. For that, I go for a walk, do some cleaning, or work in the yard. Once that energy has moved through and out, I climb on my mental monkey bars. Each rung has a question I must ask myself: Is this my responsibility? Do I have control over this situation or person? Is there a skillful, wise action I can take? Where does this fit in a priority list - how important is it, really? Hopefully, by the time I've reached the end of the rungs, I see with more clarity and can act responsibly.

1 comment: