I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, June 7, 2020

Shake It Off

This week I'll be using Lo Scarabeo's Tarot of Pagan Cats (mini) with booklet by Barbara Moore and art by Lola Airaghi. Paired with it will be Brownie Wisdom, the smaller deck included with The Brownies Oracle created and self-published by Doug Thornsjo. Today's draws are the Nine of Swords and 'Cheerful Heart:'
          The back leg shake of this cat reminds me of our youngest cat whose curiosity makes her paw at (and get stuck to) pieces of tape when I'm wrapping a gift. Worry and regret can be hard to shake, especially if the mind keeps replaying the experience over and over again. But history can't be erased or rewound, I can only do what I can in the present. The Brownie's wisdom points out that unfulfilled expectations can be a cause of regret or resentment. As the sage Shantideva teaches, "Whatever joy there is in this world all comes from desiring others to be happy. And whatever suffering there is in this world all comes from desiring myself to be happy." When it's all about me, there will always be something to be bothered about.

If you have fear of some pain or suffering, you should examine whether there is anything you can do about it. If you can, there is no need to worry about it; if you cannot do anything, then there is also no need to worry. ~Dalai Lama

4 comments:

  1. unfulfilled expectations. Oh those expectations...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shaking off the adrenaline surge after a confrontation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Release the adrenaline so I don't react unskillfully because of it!

      Delete