I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Seam Ripper

From the Tarot of Pagan Cats, the Ace of Cups; from the Brownies Oracle, 'Comes the Fray:'
We are all wired for instinctual empathy, compassion, and altruistic behaviors; it’s just that other factors sometimes get in our way. ~ Fleet Maull

          I had an unintended argument with my daughter yesterday about defunding the police. We were actually in the same book on the matter, but one of us was reading from the first page and the other from the last. And so the Brownie's warning about the tiny thread that can unravel everything reminds me to remember what is important, to be aware of my tone of voice, and be discerning with my words. Patience and kindness are more important than making sure someone gets my point. If I'm frustrated and arguing, I might as well have stuffed the other's ears with cotton. What motivates - either self-centeredness or compassion - can be a seam ripper or a needle and thread.

4 comments:

  1. Nothing is ever accomplished by making another wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just makes people grasp their opinions more tightly.

      Delete
  2. And that is MR. Seam Ripper in this house ;) an old quilters joke. Or an old joke amongst quilters.

    ReplyDelete