I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, June 8, 2020

Hearts that Dare

From the Tarot of the Pagan Cats, the Five of Pentacles; from the Brownies Oracle, 'Hands and Hearts:'
          There is something about seeing an animal suffering and in distress that tears at my heart. Although all the pets I've ever had have been strays taken in or adopted, I do my best not to feed ferals that occasionally use my yard for shade or my low-seated birdbath for water. But for the past month, I've noticed a  young tomcat who sits in a chair on my front porch at night or when it's raining. He's thin, missing half an ear, and I believe hearing impaired. I've named him Seacaster after a DnD pirate character. The Brownie's message today assures me that the food I've been sneaking him in the morning and at night is quite alright. I don't have to add him to my indoor menagerie, but there's nothing wrong with helping those who are in dire need. Having boundaries doesn't mean I have to have a cold heart.

4 comments:

  1. the murdered baby elephant floating in the pond is breaking my heart this month...
    that is how our little dogs came to be with us, pitched out in the night, starving

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know about the elephant (and don't dare look). :(
      "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." ― Mahatma Gandhi

      Delete
  2. It hurts my heart to see all the cruelty.
    I keep cat food in my car to share for those that wander.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always knew you had a secret super hero identity. ❤️

      Delete