I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, June 27, 2020

Just My Way

From the New Era Elements Tarot, the Four of Fire (Wands); from the Tao Oracle, 'Standstill' (12):

          In the Four of Wands (illustrated with a fire juggler), discipline has brought about a level of completion and perfection. Right timing, right order, and the proper amount of energy have been found to keep things in balance and flowing smoothly. But Hexagram 12, Standstill, suggests the flow has suddenly been frozen. This lack of positive movement maybe because what works smoothly for me may not work that way for another person. Until I see that my way is simply a particular approach that works well for me, not necessarily the right way of doing things, there is likely to be little thaw in the situation.

What makes us miserable, what causes us to be in conflict with one another, is our insistence on our particular view of things: our view of what we deserve or want, our view of right and wrong, our view of self, our view of other, our view of life, our view of death. But views are just views. They are not ultimate truth.  —Norman Fischer

3 comments: