I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Flaws and All

This week I'll be using three decks, all created by Philip and Stephanie Carr-Gomm and illustrated by Will Worthington. The Druidcraft Tarot and the Druid Plant Oracle were published by Connections; the Druid Animal Oracle was published by St. Martin's Press. I've combined the two oracles and will be using them as one deck. Today's draws are the Three of Cups and Poppy:

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.
~ Lt. Col. John McCrae

The Three of Cups is a card celebrating friendship, connection, and camaraderie. Every summer my cousins and I gather at my mom's house to relax, have fun, and enjoy each other's company. We weren't sure what to do this year, but after getting tested for Covid-19 in advance, we felt it would be safe to gather. The isolation we'd endured beforehand only seemed to make our get-together a gift to be treasured more than usual. The Poppy became a symbol of remembrance as a result of Canadian surgeon John McCrae's poem. Serving the Allies in World War I, McCrae was struck by the bright poppy blooms on the broken ground where so many soldiers had fallen and penned "In Flander's Field." The poppy flower is a reminder of the transience of life and encourages me to love and appreciate those around me while I have the opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment