I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, July 25, 2020

Leaning In

From the Songs for the Journey Home Tarot, Wave Awakening (Knight of Cups); from the Raven Cards, Two in One:

The next time you lose heart and you can't bear to experience what you're feeling, you might recall this instruction: change the way you see it and lean in. Instead of blaming our discomfort on outer circumstances or on our own weakness, we can choose to stay present and awake to our experience, not rejecting it, not grasping it, not buying the stories that we relentlessly tell ourselves.
~Pema Chodron

          This Knight who is willing to dive into the waters of his emotion seems to take Chodron's advice. I could never quite understand what she meant until I had to live it. Her teaching encourages me not to hide from my emotional surges, but to experience their physical nature without tying it to any mental storylines or preferences. In this way, I can stand in the moment, let the surge dissipate and then respond with awareness and discernment. The Raven Card suggests we each have something in us that is of a spiritual essence. I do believe that there is such a seed or thread in every created being, yet I don't believe it has anything to do with religion. It is where our true goodness and wisdom lie, where we understand our interconnection with others. When I am in the midst of an emotional surge, it reminds me that I am not alone.

4 comments:

  1. change the way you see it and lean in. something I've learned to do, but never thought of it that way. Lean In! We're on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chodron often helps me view things in different ways. :)

      Delete
  2. I had a dream last night where the Knights The Tarot where there. When the third knight rode in my subconscious got worried about so many present at one time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that's an interesting dream with a very active bunch!

      Delete