I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, July 9, 2020

Act, Love, Walk

From the Restored Order Tarot, the Two of Swords; from the Oracle of Kabbalah, Yud:
Yud painting by Dani Antman
          Decisions, decisions... Discerning choices can be difficult to make for several reasons: our desires get in the way of reality, our opinions override facts, or our emotions hijack rational thought. Cognitive dissonance (conflicting ideas and attitudes) may require us to have a sit until all those noisy, internal voices quiet down. Yud, often translated as 'hand,' is given the title Infinite Point by Ginsburgh. In geometry, the point begins all figures, whether it becomes a simple straight line or the complex spiral of a nautilus shell. Our choices also hold this power, but in what direction should our point go? Perhaps Micah 6:8 holds a clue, as it encourages us to act justly, love mercy, and walk humbly.

3 comments:

  1. Poor deluded Micah, his hopes create space for bullys to grow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always amazed that so many others want someone else to make their decision. Today I am right there with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it hard to wait when I don't know what to do, so I can see how having someone else make the decision could seem much easier. But then I probably wouldn't like their choice. :D

      Delete