I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, July 13, 2020

Valid Questions

From the Shadowscapes Tarot, the Eight of Swords; from the Cedar Runes, Wunjo:

You become your own prisoner as you watch yourself sit there
Wrapped up in a trap of your very own chain of sorrows
 ~John Prine, "Bruised Orange"

The hummingbird above the swan counsels her to stop fighting the thorns and instead be still and observe them. When I ground my emotional energy, I can then ask myself some questions and understand the situation with more clarity:

1. Is this truly my business or my responsibility?
2. Am I exaggerating any part of this situation? Am I projecting my assumptions about an unknown outcome?
3. Am I making this more important than it actually is? Where should it be on my list of priorities?
4. What part of this situation am I powerless over? What part do I have control over?
5. What skillful, wise action (or attitude change) would benefit this situation?

Wunjo indicates joy, including a positive mental outlook and a healthy emotional state. I can often find joy when I realize freedom lies in questioning the validity of my own thoughts.

2 comments:

  1. So many questions we each have today. New paths, same paths, re-travel previous paths?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully we're travelling those paths mindfully. :)

      Delete