I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, July 10, 2020

Cup of Kindness

From the Restored Order Tarot, the Knight of Cups; from the Oracle of Kabbalah, Pei:
 Pei painting by Dani Antman

          This Knight always takes a little ribbing because he's so romantic and sappy. But right now, I think we all could use a cup of kindness. Pei fits right in with this idea; it means 'mouth' and refers to communication. In several mythologies, the world is spoken into being. Lately, I've been reminded by how much words affect my personal world. No matter how pleasant my day, all it takes is one cutting remark for me to forget my joy. Perhaps if I can remember how it feels when I'm on the receiving end, I'll be more careful with my words, whether verbal or written. Right (Wise) speech in Buddhism encourages me to say only what is true, to speak in ways that promote harmony, to use a gentle tone, and to speak mindfully so that what I say is useful. Or, in the words of Otis Redding, "try a little tenderness."

2 comments:

  1. Truth like Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I can't back it up with some factual evidence, I'd best keep it to myself! 😊

      Delete