I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, July 6, 2020

Spending Patterns

From the Tarot in Restored Order, the Ace of Pentacles; from the Oracle of Kabbalah, Samech:
 
Samech painting by Dani Antman
          There is a reason for the path leading beyond the archway in this Ace. How I choose to spend my resources now (including time) will determine what I find later on down the lane. The letter Samech means 'support;' Ginsburgh gives it the title of 'Endless Cycle.' What kind of cyclic foundation have I built with my habitual behaviors? When I repeat an action, it becomes easier to fall into a pattern that occurs over and over, for better or worse. It can sometimes be a shock to read the words in the photo by my bed at night:
This night your days are diminished by one.
Do not squander your life.

4 comments:

  1. Acknowledging there is a pattern was my first step down the path.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the light turned on in a dark room for me.

      Delete
  2. A gateway to, on. On to where is based on choices we make/made.

    ReplyDelete