I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, June 21, 2020

In the End

This week I'll be using the New Era Elements Tarot, created by Eleonore Pieper and published by U.S. Games. I'll also be using the Tao Oracle, created by Ma Deva Padma and published by St. Martin's Press. Today's draws are Death and Resoluteness:

In the end
these things matter most:
How well did you love?
How fully did you live?
How deeply did you let go?”
― Jack Kornfield

          Birth, aging, sickness, and death are natural laws, not retributive justice. That which dies decomposes and fertilizes the soil to make way for new life. Instead of worrying about what may come, Kornfield reminds me to focus on the actions and attitude I have now, which are the patterns that will pave the road to my future. Hexagram 43 (Resoluteness) is illustrated with a painting of Bodhidharma, a sage who carried the teachings of Buddha from India across the Himalayas to China, arriving around 520 CE. His journey portrayed the tenacity and integrity that is possible when we are deeply rooted in something worthwhile. I often have days when I feel like a Roomba that is stuck bumping against a wall and then loses its charge.  Kornfield would likely tell me to let things be and focus on loving and living; things will change.

2 comments: