I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, June 19, 2020

Linear vs. Holistic

From the Rohrig Tarot, the Ten of Swords; from the Master Tarot/oracle, 'Grain of Wheat:'
          The Ten of Swords shows the power of the mind to burn everything to ashes rather than build. This mindset represents linear thinking that does not swerve from the goal no matter what. If someone is digging a hole looking for treasure and haven't found any after many years, he just keeps digging deeper. However, "My way or the highway" thinking will eventually lead to disaster. It is the opposite of lateral or holistic thinking which is the willingness to ask for additional information from others and the readiness to try digging in other spots. A verse in John explains how the wheat plant must die in order for its seeds to be buried and eventually produce an even greater harvest. The lesson it offers is to let old patterns of beliefs go so new ones can be planted and produce a healthy harvest.

Getting rid of a delusion makes us wiser than getting hold of a truth.     
~Ludwig Borne



4 comments:

  1. The Ten of Swords is the card in Tarot that most makes me shudder. A day drawing wants to send me back to bed and pull the covers over me to shield me. I am not sure I can let that belief go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It usually makes me ask myself what have I been doing over and and over that has the same result as beating my head against a wall.

      Delete
  2. getting rid of delusions...I wish myself luck with that. I turned off 3rd party cookies yesterday. Today even signed into my google account, I can't post to blogs. Google. God. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's not delusion, that's the downside of technology. (((S)))
      Have you tried to contact blogspot support?

      Delete