I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, August 15, 2020

Prove It

 From the Spiral Tarot, the Five of Wands; from the Sacred Journey Cards, Fertilize:

          In this battle of how to do things, everyone holds a wand with some leafy sprouts. This suggests that there may be some validity to each person's opinion. The companion booklet states that this is a 'prove your point' opportunity. Charisma, intimidation, and manipulation can only carry so far, but the evidence of facts and research will likely weigh heavier in the end. Fertilize implies that proving a point is only the beginning step. Soil must be tilled, seeds planted and cultivated, and the crop fertilized. Winning doesn't mean a thing unless it is backed up with effort and action that produces results.

People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of proof but on the basis of what they find attractive. ― Blaise Pascal

4 comments:

  1. how often have I proven my point, only to drop my wand and walk off? Too many I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have found trying to prove my point leads to resistance. If I explain my reasoning it doesn't make the other person(s) feel like I am trying to prove I am right and they are not. You never win making someone wrong. This lesson as taken me a long time to learn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I often think of this card as brainstorming to find a solution, but if people aren't open to hearing another perspective (and the facts), it becomes just a battle of opinions.

      Delete